We are looking for an experienced IT Infrastructure Support Engineer (2nd/3rd line) to join our IT Support Team based near Derby.
As a company who provides IT Infrastructure Support to clients through the UK, you can be sure this is a varied and interesting role.
So if you are looking for a hands-on IT Support role with the opportunity to learn, develop your skills and gain vendor qualifications, this could be the ideal role for you.
You will already have experience of troubleshooting technology such Citrix, VMware, Microsoft and other IT Infrastructure technology.
Initially, your role will be focused on providing an effective Help Desk service.
- You will ensure support tickets are resolved wonderfully – completing the magic balancing act of making sure tickets are not escalated to 3rd line unnecessarily, or held onto for too long.
- You will get support in the following ways:
- You will receive in-house training from our leading virtualisation and cloud consultants.Opportunity for occasional remote working.
- We will invest time and resources into you, so that you achieve vendor accredited qualifications.
- You will have support, and be able to learn from some of the “best Virtualisation and Cloud Consultants in the UK”. Those are not our words, but those of our clients.
Do you think you would enjoy doing this?
- Troubleshooting problems and have the skills and logical thinking to solve them.
- Being proactive. Help improve the way we assist our clients, and come up with ideas on how we can develop our support service.
- Diligently certify daily checks are undertaken, measured, and logged. And when you spot any issues these are remediated in line with change control procedures.
- Be completely charming to our clients
- Ensure our clients are kept completely informed about the progress of resolution.
- Liaise with our experienced 3rd and 4th Line Engineers and Consultants to resolve complex client issues.
- Undertake remote engineering.
- Be the go to person for internal IT. Especially important when marketing has done something they shouldn’t have done… again.
- Ensure client systems are monitored appropriately (thresholds and alerts are configured so alarms and notifications are relevant)
- Ensure everything we do is compliant and enhances our commitment to the highest levels of security.
This is a hands-technical role, so you must be able to demonstrate you have:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting IT Infrastructure.
- Experience supporting Windows 7 and above; Office 2010 and above; Windows Server 2008 and above, Active Directory and Group Policies; MS Exchange 2010 and above; VMware vSphere.
- The mentality to ‘dig in’ and got the extra mile for customers and the company when needed.
- If you have a Citrix CCA-V or VMware VCP then this would put you at a distinct advantage.
In return you will be working as part of an award winning Company, based in the beautiful Derwent Valley.
We are not a bland, stiff, faceless corporate IT organisation. We have fun doing our jobs and want someone to join us who understands and can thrive in this environment.
We are looking for someone who wants to be in it for the long haul, and not see it as a stepping stone.
There is a real opportunity here for someone to make their mark.
Is it you?
If you feel you are the right person for the job, please write a fairly detailed reason why. Along with a copy of your CV.
References are absolutely essential. But we will only ask for these for the successful applicant, and due to the nature of the role a security assessment may also be undertaken.
And finally, if you have any questions – just give us a shout.